Zesty, fragrant and delicious alongside a fresh cup of tea – lemon cake is hands down one of the best flavoured cakes on the planet.
It’s a beautiful classic that will never go out of fashion and is the perfect treat at any time of day.
Whether on its own, drizzled with icing or with poppyseeds flaked through it, lemon cakes are a guaranteed bake to brighten up even the darkest winter days.
So here I’ve rounded up my favourite recipes around, let me know which you like best and if you’ve got a different top lemon cake please post it in the comments section.
2) Italian fresh cream lemon cake (by Anitalianinmykitchen.com)
3) Lemon cucumber cake with gin icing (by Veggiedesserts.co.uk)
4) Meyer lemon syrup cake (by Eatlittlebird.com)
5) Caramelised lemon cake (by Johnwhaite.com)
6) Lemon cake (by Smittenkitchen.com)
7) Lemon poppyseed cake with cream cheese frosting (by Laurenslatest.com)
8) Lemon and poppyseed yoghurt loaf with earl grey glaze (by Portandfin.com)