Salted caramel is a thing of sheer joy and ever since seeing Nigella’s Stylist cover I’ve been falling in love with it.
As Nigella is undoubtedly the queen of everything, if she is prepared to be dripped in salted caramel then there’s really no reason why we all shouldn’t be having baths in it.
Whether it’s in a sauce, ice cream, buttercream icing, as part of a cake flavour or just spooned straight from the pan into my mouth, I’m yet to find a way it doesn’t work.
Even those people who can’t imagine the two together can be easily converted after taste of the sweet stuff – although I’ve had to ban myself from having the sauce in the house as it lasts an indecently short time.
Here I’ve compiled eight delicious ways to eat it, if you know any better recipes, please let me know in the comments.
- Salted caramel brownie cake (from Wildeorchard.co.uk)
2. Salted caramel rolls (from Dineanddish.net)
3. The best salted caramel cupcakes (from Deliciouslyyum.com)
4. Salted caramel apple crisp (from Lovegrowswild.com)
5. Gooey salted caramel chocolate chip cookie bars (from Recipegirl.com)
6. Salted caramel popcorn (from Liviaskitchen)
7. Best ever brownie with honeycomb and salted caramel (from Bakesblog.com)
8. Homemade salted caramel sauce (From Browneyedbaker.com)