I am a big fan of using fresh flowers to decorate cakes and it’s a very cheap way of making a cake look good.
Fresh flowers can instantly make a cake look beautiful and they look far better than artificial man-made decorations (but please always check they’re edible before throwing them onto your cake).
One of my biggest inspirations in floral decorations is Lily Vanilli who has been using petals on her bakes for years.
After last night’s GBBO show-stopping round on floral bakes I decided to create a mini collection of my favourite around.
Enjoy, and let me know if you have any to add..
- Elderflower, lemon and mascapone cake (from Cygnetkitchen.com)
2. Floral chocolate cake wrap (from Erinbakes.com)
3. Rose friands (from Lilyvanilli.com)
4. Naked sponge Cake (from Stylesweetca.com/blog)
5. Flower power cake (from Greenkitchenstories.com)