It’s (almost) the season of all things Christmas and what says Christmas more than mince pies?
I made my cranberry and apple mincemeat recently and aim to spend the first few days of December making batch loads of mince pies to eat and freeze when unexpected guests arrive over the festive season (or to defrost whenever I feel in the need for one).
What kind of mince pie you go for is really up to you and there are a lot of options around.
But if you want to go a little off piste, here’s seven of my favourite alternative mince pies. If you’ve got a better recipe, or ideas about how you’d transform your mince pies, let me know in the comments section.
- Frangipane mince pies (from Thelittleloaf.com)
2. Orange and pecan mincemeat (from Nessasfamilykitchen.blogspot.co.uk)
3. Chocolate and cranberry mince pies (from What Olivia Did, guest blogging for Cath Kidston)
4. Eccles cake mince pies (from Frugalfeeding.com)
5. Chocolate and cherry mince pies (from Littlepastrybox.com)
6. Almond and orange mince pies (from Veryberryhandmade.com)
7. Chocolate orange mince pies (from Thecatswhisk)